Sunday, August 21, 2011

Counting my blessings... Namely one

We met more of john's family in Seattle today. I swear our Christmas lists keeps getting bigger and bigger! I love the relaxing on Sunday's. I just wish could be awake and around for more of it.
John and I are getting more and more excited about our baby. We find out the sex on the 31st of this month. When I tried to share that bit of info with my mother in law the translation didn't come out right. Apparently sex doesn't translate to gender like we use it here. So instead she heard that John and I were having sex on the 31st of this month.... Oops. John caught it tho and explained to her what I meant. So embarrassing. :/ and I'm sure John was not to thrilled if I literally was planning our bedroom life in weeks... Lol

On that note... I do believe I started to feel the baby move. At first I thought it might be gas or a muscle spasm. But I'm sure my muscles don't spasm like that. It feels to me like a little nudge. Completely adorable. I was told by my friend I'm that soon enough I will be bigger and get to see my tummy moving with the baby. Like a less Scary and more adorable version of alien. Now that will be awesome. John tries to feel it but no luck yet. Baby moves alot so it's hard o find the Exact spot to put his hand.
It totally melts my heart when John gets all excited when he sees a baby and espcially when he holds one! Man I can't wait! This has always been my dream. I never wanted to be president or a NASCAR driver or a ballerina. I just wanted to be a mom. And I feel so blessed to have a precious miracle.
When I was 17 the dr told me I may never have kids. And that was devistating. It was like my world crumbled. I literally crumbled into a sobbing heap outside my chemistry class. So this baby is a literal miracle. John and I always knew we would be parents one way or another. I'm just grateful I get to have the chance to carry my baby. Not everyone can be a mom this way. But I also known some of he best parents are ones who love their kids no matter what. There are plenty of unfit parents who take their kids for granted. As my dear friend Sarah would say , some of the best kids are the ones adopted by amazing people.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you and John. The baby thing is awesome! I cant wait to find out what it is too =) Totally off topic but as I'm reading suddenly I hear Michael Buble playing over Eric Hutchinson and I'm SO confused, especially because I just heard that song on itunes lol. Then I did a little research and found your player. Silly! How'd you get that?? I wanna copy and make one too lol.

    ReplyDelete