But I did learn several lessons:
- Pick your battles: Example- putting toilet paper on backwards isn't the end of the world. Or even not putting the new toilet paper roll on when you use the last piece.
- Just because you bought something doesn't mean you will actually get to use it. I remember buying myself snacks in college and putting them in the fridge or in the closet and when I would get home from school they would be half gone already.
- Shared space is SHARED. This means that it is not just one person's stuff that belongs there and its not just one person's rules.
- Courteousness goes a long way.
- Hiding things in your room is not always the best idea. My best apartment times were those that our things were shared.
- Family dinners are very important. I have such great memories of my roommates and I sharing a meal together. Seriously felt like a family and felt so loved.
I loved my shopping sprees with Emma where we would just go drive to IF and then spend money at the mall. Not completely proactive and didn't help me build good money management but oh we had so much fun.
Sarah would make the best cookies of all time. She was always so much fun with her dinosaur loves and crazy singing rendisions in the bathroom
Erin using a dryer on her tacos! Sarah and Emma came to almost every Friday night Ballroom dance thing I was in charge of and would T-A-N-G-O with me.
Nikki and I laughing for no reason until we were dilerious and on the floor. I think we had skittle fights or maybe it was another kind of candy.
Oh and I can't forget the chocolate factory. I got so fat off their chocolates and I would do it all over again.
Katie and her little mo-ped bike. Our crazy halloween.
Kaitlyn and her love of life and our music video! I seriously still cannot believe we made a video.
Marcy letting me watch all her FRIENDS DVD's and getting hooked. I still have the sweater you and Emma gave me for my birthday.
My last apartment girls were the best way to finish off college and I learned so much from them. We had our Thursday Night Pizza night with Smallville. And sunday dinners. Alicia letting me drive her car since my little car died in Utah two days into school. So not legit. I loved having all our English Majors in one house. Katelyn and her positive outlook on life. Becky with her little skirts that could knock your socks off. Sandra and her bruised lips! Good times you guys.
I loved college and all the memories I made. Now everyone is off doing their own thing but I still have those memories to hold onto. And the relationships that I made that will last are so special to me. Love you all!
What an awesome post! You are so blessed to have the attitude of learning good things from ideal and less ideal roommates. I miss living with you and watching you and Alicia wrestle!
ReplyDeleteRemember when you and I wrestled Becky! And your salsa:)
ReplyDeleteI miss you so much. Thats it. I'm moving to Seattle.
ReplyDelete