I have good news for all the moms out there... It really does get better! Mati started sleeping through the night for two nights in a row now! Tonight would be the third night... Tonight he cried for about 10min.. John went in and found Mati had rolled onto his belly from his back(he has never done that before). When Mati hear his daddy coming in he rolled back over and then fell right to sleep in his knock out position when John put his binky in. I love the binky. Such a freaking lifesaver.
We went out to see a movie today (matinee of course) and I forgot the Binky!!! It was during his last nap of the day so of course I was panicking when he got fussy... As much as I tried I was not a suitable binky. Luckily he dozed off after I got up and walked the hall. We are using the cry method since honestly the no cry method was harder. Harder on me. With him waking up every two hours I would have to stop work and go take care of him which puts my job at risk and thats not good for our entire family. Then he would only sleep when he was in bed with us--- my own fault. I enjoyed snuggling my baby way too much. But I do get a solid 3 hours of sleep now when Mati sleeps till 6am! then he is in bed with me again since he refuses to sleep alone after doing 10hours of it already... and I refuse to keep getting up when I just got to sleep.
John says Mati farts like an adult. He has stinky farts like his mom. He says our son's butt is so stinky. He says that baby's poop should be like a perfume. Yes that is my man.
Yesterday we went for a two mile walk into town from our home. It was so nice to get out and do something physical. Our neighbor across from us had a sign saying if we came and picked them, we could have all the rasberries we wanted. I love raspberries so much! we went and picked 7cups full! We came home after munching on a few and John washed our cars while I put Mati down for his last nap of the day. Then I went in and started to rinse off the raspberries. I was so grossed out. The berries I had just munched on had little larva crawling in and out of them and little bugs on them! I know fruit and veggies are outside and get bugs on them but oh my gosh I was so grossed out. I really didn't want to toss out all of them so I went and hand washed/rinsed each individual raspberry and did throw away 1/3 of them yesterday and probably only ate 1/2 cup... today I tossed the rest because they had mold on them and I found more bugs. Needless to say we are firm believers in pesticides... I love my organic food but not that organic. John says it gives it more flavor and I said if he ever wanted to kiss me again he wont eat that nasty stuff.
I don't think he believes me. After all he did just eat half of a pig's head the night before. I walked into the kitchen and there was the pig's jaw exposed with his teeth! I was so grossed out... Totally tossed it out with john's blessing. I just can't do the whole eating animals that you can obviously tell have been animals. When we picked out the pig for the BBQ last week I wouldn't let John take the smallest one because it was just a baby! I prefer to think of my meat as something that you get at a store. I know its not realistic but it works for me!
Every so often it hits me that I am a real grown up living on my own with my own family. Duh! but I still see myself as this young person and here I am with my husband and our son in our home with two cars and bills to pay and real jobs. It kills me that i have been at my current job for over three years now. To think the longest I have ever had a job before this was only a few months at a time.
I am loving our life together and I am so excited for our two year anniversary that is coming up in September. I can't believe how far we have come!
No comments:
Post a Comment