Fourth of July with a baby is way different. Working nights I sleep when Mati sleeps which means we get two-three naps a day. But on weekends and holidays he gets his naps and I might sneek one in. On the Fourth of July we went and had a bbq with my aunt Summer and her kids at 5 Mile Lake. John made his amazing bbq chicken which we gobbled down in no time. Our little set up was amazing complete with a canopy and a little tent thingy that had see through sides- this is where me and our little man slept off our brunchupper (breakfast/lunch/dinner combo). We originally brought our two small dogs with us but that turned into a "no-go" within minutes of carrying our load of goodies to our designated spot. I dont know why it is that they have such anxiety whenever I walk away from them. Seriously its an issue and I dont know how to fix it. I did look into private obedience classes but they run $100/hr. So long story short- John saw my stress with having the dogs freak out every second and my hassle trying to keep them from running away and holding a baby- so he took them home.
We decided that taking Mati to our traditional firework show at Celebration Park in Federal Way was out of the question. John was a little sad not to keep up our tradition this year. back in 2010 we had our first 4th of July together and that was the first "I Love You" I ever said to him. My engagement ring actually looks like a firework. Can you tell we love this holiday. My grandparents who rarely are up before 11am woke up reportedly at 9am because according to my Grandma "this is a very important day for our Country." Well as amazing as it is historically we really just like the pretty lights and bbq- I should probably work on the whole patriotic side for Mati's sake. I know we are so blessed to live in this country.
John ended up passing out on the couch watching news and I put Mati to bed and then went in to feed him around 11pm and we watched the firework flashes (not the actual lights) reflected off our carport. Not the traditional Independence day but it was nice.
We love our new home so much! I think I already wrote a blog about how amazing it is, but honestly the mold infested apartment we lived in before was so horrible that we are so truly grateful for this new mold-free home. Knock on wood. The only thing is that we are still without a W/D. So we will be doing laundry at grandma's house tomorrow! Hopefully Tuesday we will buy a set off Craigslist and not have to haul over our laundry to everyone else's home. I love not being woken up from kids jumping on the bed on our ceiling. Even better I love having our own space and not having to share parking with anyone. I hated trying to find parking in the apartments we lived at before.
Our neighbor in our duplex is really sweet. She lives alone with her two very chubby weener dogs. I love that the four dogs can play outside together. its so nice not to have to walk the dogs at 4am to let them go potty. NO accidents so far in our home. Seriously am so done with that issue. I can't stand animals peeing and pooping in the house.
Today we celebrated our friend's birthday over at Lake Tapps. John and his best friend David cooked up a whole pig. Chelsey(david's wife) and I went with John to pick out the pig on Monday this past week- we picked the godzilla pig according to John. I thought it was the perfect pig who had the perfect big chunky butt! John was so nervous about making sure the pig was cooked all the way through. He hasn't cooked a pig since he lived in Samoa 6 years ago. It was quite the adventure. He cooked it in the traditional Umu. Its way better than the Tongan or Hawaiian way- Not that I have ever seen the other way before. Everyone who came to the party was so thrilled to have a whole pig. But John's famous bbq chicken stole the show.
In two months we will have been married two years. Time has flown by and we have had so many adventures. We have certainly been through rough times and yet happy times. John is my best friend and my biggest advocate. I dont want to know where I would be without him because it would be such a depressing place. Yay for my own happily ever after.
No comments:
Post a Comment