I am so happy to be out of our mold infested apartment and in our cozy duplex! So many things we love about our new home. We are mostly settled- just some miscellaneous boxes of junk to most likely throw out. Why is it you don't realize how much crap you have until you move- and I love to throw away anything I can!
Out family came and helped us pack up and move all day Friday. Only a few fatalities. Andrew(lil bro) had a couched drop on his head. We found mold on our bed frame, box spring, and mattress so they were all tossed out. My instant reaction was "seriously?!?@&$#" I went right to the idea of getting out credit to buy a whole new set and just paying it of gradually. I had it all worked out.
My oh so wise and careful husband made me see reason- aka our budget and goals. We have been diligently getting ourselves out of debt and here I am planning our way back into debt- not my finest moment. After more than a few pouting moments, I saw how irresponsible and irrational I was being. Shopping has always made me feel better! Bad habits die hard.
Instead we decided to borrow a bed set from my grandparents until we can afford a brand new mattress and bed frame. I have such a smart hubby. If it were just me I think I would run us bankrupt with shop therapy! Not completely kidding.
Now that we ate mold free and unpacking I feel a lot more peace and calm about where we are at now. No more stressing over if we are going to get sick from the mold.
So grateful I talked to our friend Joni. If she hadnt helped me get some balls I wouldn't have done all my research to get us out of that place. As she put it "sometimes you have to borrow somebody else's balls until you grow a pair and they fall down from your uterus" - such profound words if wisdom.
No comments:
Post a Comment