So i think I am getting used to John working nights. It sucks majorly to sleep alone but since I am always uncomfortable at night and way too hot for comfort, having the bed to myself and the fan on me directly has been nice. John loves his job and always comes home excited from working overtime. He even got to meet the owner of the company the other night and the first thing she said was "you must be john. I have heard so much about you." I doubt seriously that our owner would even know my name let alone anything about me. My work has been about the same. I like it again now that I dont have to mute people in order to puke every hour or so.
My baby bump is showing more now so people are finding they need to rub it. Even people I dont know seem fascinated by it and need to touch it. I read in my baby book that if that bothers me I can either tell them directly or proceed to rub their belly in return. I think I will rub theirs and maybe they will think twice before rubbing the belly. I don't mind people touching it so long as i know who you are. AKA creepy guy I have never seen before... back off or my samoan hubby will kick your booty.
There is a lot more to do in ways of paperwork for the baby than I anticipated. I have to fill out a bunch of forms for work and make lots of requests for Short Term Disability and possibly FMLA. I did find out however that Short term disability lasts for 25 weeks and FMLA lasts 12 weeks. I dont think we will use the FMLA because its without pay and I want some kind of income. But that means I can still have like 6 months off if I chose. We will only be using 3months I think so that I can get back into the swing of things at work.
I was thinking the other day of the most memorable moments of my past jobs. Here are a few snap shots:
Age 16- Cleaning a ladies house from church- locking my keys in the car with the car running.
Age 17- Wild Waves working on SkyCoaster- A man riding the ride was yelling for joy and his teeth flew out and landed near the line of people. He got off and put his dentures back in and walked away.
Age 20- BYU--I Testin center- Getting out of my car going into work my skirt falls to my knees and I dont notice until I lock the car door. Many people see me and I high-tail it next to a truck and the owner shows up while my skirt is in my hands.
Age 20- Harborview Pathology/Morge- walking into an autopsy and seeing a guys insides outside.
Age 22- Free & Clear- Asking a participant if he has serious or worsening Angina or heart pain. He says " uh, mam, I am not a female." He thought I said Vagina and I had to clarify.
These are my most memorable moments to date. I am sure I will have plenty more in my lifetime. I would love to be a stay at home mom but chances are that life never turns out how you plan so I will most likely be working while being a mom. And i think i am up to it. John will be that one dad that shows up to every dance recital, soccer game, and birthday party to support his kids. I will be there too but I am sure that John will be there more often since its just what he wants to do. He loves to go to my cousins games and all their sporting events. Its all about the family he says. What can I say, I married well.
No comments:
Post a Comment