So I had thought that Mati would only cry up to ten minutes when I tried to do sleep training with him. Oh so wrong mommy. He cried for an hour! The poor guy wouldn't take no for an answer. We are partially to blame I guess since the first 10minutes we went and checked on him and then five minutes later we checked again. But then I tried to just let him cry it out. To top it off the missionaries were here and didn't know what to make of the crying baby. We were going to nix the sleep training since they were here but he wouldn't stop crying even if we were holding him because he was so pissed. When he was a newborn we called him the Hulk because once he got pissed there was no consoling him. Thankfully he doesn't really cry all that much. So after nursing, changing diapers, snuggling, singing, and all my mommy tricks he still wouldn't stop crying because he was so mad. I knew it wasn't gas because we fixe that bubble before...
When the missionaries left he did stop crying and so we went in to go to sleep ourselves. Mati was wide awake just staring at the ceiling but not crying. We have yet to buy his crib so he sleeps in our bed still- probably another problem with last nights attempt. We both felt so horrible and just snuggled our little man.
Lessons learned. No sleep training until. He has his own crib. Don't have missionaries come at his bedtime.
It'll get better!! I promise. We have been working on this with Lincoln and now I put him in his crib wide awake and he talks to himself for a couple of minutes and goes right to sleep. He also does this for naps and naps for 1-2 hrs each time. But it was AWFUL the first night we tried. He cried and cried but then slept really well. He falls asleep so easily but is still waking up a couple times at night so that's next on the agenda :) Good luck!
ReplyDelete