Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dr. Expert

Everyones the expert when it comes to pregnancy. My friend Spenser Adam pointed thus out to me at church. The very next day John and I went to grab some lunch and the man at the burger hoot asked what we are having and he said. "yup that's right. Looks like a boy." he then proceeded to use hand motions to show the difference between how it looks when you are pregnant with boys versus girls.

Seriously now people. If you don't have a vagina you do not know what you are talking about. And even then you still don't know what you are talking about because it's not your body or baby so just stop yourself before you start to explain how someone looks like they are having a boy or girl. And stop telling pregnant women that they are bigger or smaller than they should be. And above all else, refrain from rubbing the tummy. If you rub mine I'm going to make John rub yours.

I'm only partially over dramatic and the rest accurately dramatic. My prego friends and moms know what I mean.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind people being excited for us or asking questions. I just don't need someone else explaining my body to me. It's a mystery to us all ok. The fact that I have a little baby in me takes my breath away. Literally! He likes to kick me sometimes a little too much. We haven't come to terms yet on lettin mommy sleep. I guess this is just a preview of what's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment