What is the world coming to? My younger brother Jeremiah called me telling me to invest in hasmat suits to fight off the radiation that is sure to come and kill us all. You have to keep in mind that Jeremiah gets really excited about science talk and 'what ifs.'
Earlier today while I was walking our neighbors dog along the golf course i came across an injured goose. Now I grew up around geese and we mostly just shot, plucked, and ate the geese. But that was the last thing i thought about. The goose couldn't even stand on its one leg. The other was obiously injured and so was its wing. So I called animal control who informed me that they dont deal with wild life. They told me to go talk to Fish & WildLife who I then talked to. F&W said they no longer receive the funding necessary to care for injured wildlife. They suggested I call this wildlife animal clinic in Kent(really in Maple Valley) who would care for the animal if we paid for the care. Then we called this clinic who informed us that they were actually in Maple Valley and that the closer clinic would be in Renton. They said that they would help us there as long as we caught the animal and brought it in our car to them and then paid for the fees. Being a struggling newly married couple I have no idea how we would afford the gas to get there or the fee to care for the animal properly. Ugh! The animal lover in me wanted to freaking cry.
John was so sweet and went to go get the goose when we saw our Apartment Maintenance guys and we informed them of the situation. They asked if we were going to do something about it. I looked at them like they were crazy. Its on their property!!! then they said they would call animal control and I informed them of the wild goose chase I had just went on to find out the process to help the goose. Pardon the pun there. Then they said they didn't know what they would do but they would talk to the apartment managers.
That wasn't even close to satisfactory so I called the North Shore Golf Course Club and told them about the goose and which hole it was near by on the golf course. They asked me what I wanted them to do about it!!! I told them what to do and they asked if I was goin to do something about it. I wanted to freaking reach through the phone and punch the guy. Then he transfered me to another guy. He was annoyingly unoriginal and told me to take care of it because they dont have the manpower to spare.
So tonight after work since I can't just ditch work I am going to go get the goose and we are going to bring it to the clinic if its still open. Maybe we will just have to try to care for it for a while. I am so not cut out for that! A pet goose, what am I Joey Tribiani.
Why dont we have funding for wild life? Who cut that funding? Crazies in our Government. Attention please. Stop loading your pockets and do something about our environment. You are frustrating the public.
Sorry if I offended anyone with my rant but I can't believe no one will help the poor helpless creature! Stupid Bystander effect!
No comments:
Post a Comment