I am very content with my life right now. I have a wonderful husband and a baby on the way. We have a sweet little home with two cars. We both have jobs and are securing our future. Hopefully we will be buying a house soon in the next 3 years. I am just counting my blessings.
Having Ina, John's sister, stay with us for the Summer has taught me a few lessons right away. Neither John or Ina say anything negative about people. Honestly its a shock to me since there are so many stereotypes in the world today. Yesterday we went to buy gas and there was a lady who had all kinds of different colored hair and some huge fingernails that were longer than her own fingers. My reaction was to tell Ina to look and commented how shocking it was. I said I thought it was ugly and Ina just said simply that she thought the nails were pretty and she liked the color and the ladies hair was very interesting. Puts me to shame I tell you. Even though obviously the ladies choice in her appearance is shocking and not the norm it was still something she chose and not to be judged by myself. We were buying bathing suits at a store last week and Ina commented that one of the ladies was very pretty. When i turned to see who she was talking about I found she was referring to a very obese lady. I was taken aback at first and then looked again and noticed that the lady had a very pretty face and was in very cute clothes. Again I was taught a lesson.
With our baby on the way I keep thinking about what I want to instill in our child and I am thinking that when we have John's parent live with us our kids will have some serious values instilled within them. If having Ina is any indication of what it will be like than I think I will be very ok with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment