Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Baby Appointment

Yesterday I was told that we would hear the baby's heart beat today at our appointment. Sadly we were misinformed. It was really just informational stuff and they made me pee in a cup(harder than it sounds for girls thank you very much) and they had me give blood samples. He missed the first vein in my left arm. he said he could keep digging under the muscle for the vein or do another one. Ya I hate needles so he used the other arm and got the vein. Why do my veins have to be fickle like that. But it wasn't a total loss. They did give me medicine to help with nausea. I was even able to keep some food down! Score one for the Midwife!

We had a very wonderful visit with Megan and baby Brennan today. I thought John was going to leave but instead as soon as they got here John took Brennan and started to play with him. He was having fun with the baby. Stretching his daddy muscles. He is going to be a great Dad. He kept making Brennan laugh just by talking to him. Brennan was beside himself. He loved the dogs. They love the little human. I think he was equally as excited that the dogs were his size. Leo kept licking him all over. We just need the dogs to learn not to lick the baby or to lick the bottles or the binkies.

I know it is too soon. I mean I am only 6weeks and 5days prego. But I do have a baby registry started. I wanted to get a head start on the preparations. Not like i can buy all the stuff right now. But it helps to have that hope in the form of a list.

So hear I am on the couch with Izzy laying her head on my legs and I am in my Snuggie. Thats right i caved. I finally have a snuggie. And you know what, I like it. Megan brought it for me today. She is super thoughtful like that. I am going to take full access of it at work. I right now have blankets I just wrap around me like a shawl so it will be so nice to have something like this. I totally dogged on them before but now I think I am a believer.

So as of right now I am not vomitting. I am in a snuggie. And my hubby is giving me all kinds of wonderful love. Very tender. Love of my life. And then there was three!

No comments:

Post a Comment