John is home! yay! i haven't had any time obviously to do anything but monopolize his time and I am not sorry one bit. It felt like torture to be away from eachother and complete relief to have him home. We have a wonderful new addition to our family. John's sister Ina has come to stay with us for a bit over the summer. Honestly don't know what I would do without her. She is not a bother in the least. She helps me more than I ever thought possible and she does it without complaint or expectations of anything in return. She blends in very nicely into our life which is very reassuring to know that adding someone in the mix isn't as overwhelming as I thought it would be. AKA baby is coming in January!
On that pregnancy front I am happy to report that the vomitting is lessened with the new medication and no prenatals. My grandma about died when I told her I wasn't on prenatals. But my Dr. is the one who said to go without it for now since I need to be able to eat and keep something down. Our next visit is in 10 days! We will get to hear baby's heart beat and see something of a blob on the screen. And such a loveable blob it is.
I am actually showing a little bit which is fun. I was thinking it was just me until John said something about it and same with our neighbor lady too. While I was reading in one of my books it says you might start to show while others say it is too early to show. And others say it could be just gas or constipation. Well after drinking some prune juice... its not the constipation to say the least. and I am pretty sure its not about the gas. Maybe its the too much chocolate and fries before the baby... but even then I wonder. Nope I am calling it my mini-baby bump because that is what it is to me. I am making a list of items that I need to get for baby while also making a list of what I think i need but in reality have been told I will never use- so I wont be wasting money on them. Baby is going to be so spoiled!
I have been trying to connect to baby during the day by just spending some time thinking about baby and the future baby will have in our family. Honestly when you are sick all day long it kinda ruins the magic of everything. I don't really feel like a mom just yet. My friends who are mom's or mom's to be have given me comfort by telling me its normal to just feel sick and not have the mom role feel real or applicable right away. So I am trying not to be too hard on myself. Time is plenty right now. And hopefully the vomit and nausea will end in a few weeks and I can just feel like blissful happy pregnancy!
No comments:
Post a Comment