Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Embarrassing moment after the fact.

Today was a very productive Wednesday. I usually hate my split work week with having Sunday and Wednesday off but with the moving coming up on Friday it actually worked to my advantage.

I woke up at a decent hour and went to my Girls Camp Leadership meeting and did lots of constructive planning and had yummy oven baked pancakes. Oh my heck they were awesome. I definitely need to get that recipe. After that I went and had lunch with John and Summer. Then shopping at DI when I was supposed to be packing. I went to fife to grab some boxes from a lady who just moved out of our ward. Managed to fit all the boxes in just about every corner of my van.

Came home and unpacked said boxes and went to visit with my friend Kim and her twins who were in town visiting. Played with the twins and even got a smile out of them. I haven't seen Kim in forever. We have been friends ever since I moved here to WA.  That was 10 years ago. First friend actually. We went for a walk and saw some people from our old ward where we grew up.

Drove down the block and went to visit Megan and Chris and baby Brennan and Brindle-the dog. First thing that Megan says to me when she sees me is "is that a hickey on your neck?" And yes my friends I had a huge gigantic hickey on my neck which John gave me as I refused to wake up in the morning when he was leaving. He knows how embarrassing they are and he thinks they are funny. I just happened to forget all about the said hickey at my meeting this morning and when I went to get boxes and when I visited with kim, her mom, and other elderly members of my ward including my orthodontist and young women's president. I was so embarrassed! I remembered how with each of them they asked how my marriage was going and were pleased to see I was happy. But of course no one mentioned it until I see my friend Megan who is like a sister to me and points it out which is just like her and me.

But then the story gets better. Brennan was super upset because he is teething and wont stop crying unless he is drinking from his bottle. When i got there he was on his second bottle. The boy is a good eater. So as I am holding him and being the favorite auntie Moriah he begins to let his bowels go. Not a poopy diaper just lots of gas. John calls and his ring tone is of course from Sir Mix-a-lot "I like big butts and I cannot lie." After answering he reminds me that my aunt is waiting at my apartment to pack with me and I am of course late. Nothing new there. In the middle of our conversation Brennan projectile vomits the entire last bottles contents all over me. I just looked down and said very directly to John, "I will call you right back, something just came up." Of course there is barely any of the puke on Brennan. In fact I think it was comparable to someone pouring a bottle of milk down my front.

I had baby puke all up my sweatshirt, in my shorts (yes I mean in) and down my side. Megan couldn't stop laughing and Chris was mortified. Megan I am sure has had the projectile vomit and this was not the first time it had happened to me. Megan said to Brennan, "Its a good thing Auntie Moriah loves you so much because that was just so nasty." Oh good times.

So coming home with puke down my front I stopped to grab treats for Summer and John as retribution for my lateness again. I think it may be a problem when everyone will ask me when they should expect to see me and then always preface it with, "I know you have no concept of time...." Maybe I should get on that. I think I will start tomorrow or maybe next week. No one said I was a procrastinator tho right?

So with almost everything in our apartment packed we are ready to move out on Friday. I have all the clothes pretty much washed and the baby puke taken care of. I love being able to laugh at the ridiculousness of life and enjoy the simple things.

1 comment: