I was so proud of myself because I went to the gym on my break during work and without someone pushing me. With my old classic iPod I began to walk on the treadmill. Not five minutes into it my feet were killing me. And I don't just mean they ached because i haven't used them in a while. Like I wanted to sit down and massage them they hurt so bad. I had planned on doing a 5K walk because I am training for a 5K run thats in September. I kept pushing myself to go a little farther. I eventually compromised with myself and settled for 1.5 miles instead of the full 5K. I was so ticked. Then I remembered this shoe salesman tell me that the shoes we buy aren't intended for us to use their insoles. With Nike at lease he said that was the case. not sure if it was for every shoe ever made. I have never really bought insoles since I always am the one to walk around in the shoe and make sure it feels "good" before buying it. So I dashed over to Fred Meyer and read their shoe insole chart and picked out a few to try based on their notes. I freaking thought I was walking on clouds. My feet still hurt but it felt so much better. I want to be able to walk long distances and not feel like my feet are holding me back.
When I compared the 'natural' insoles in my old worn out shoes and the new ones I purchased I was embarrassed. The ones that came with the shoe were practically as thin as a piece of paper. i was walking on the hard bottom of the shoe which of course meant my feet hated me. it could also be why my back is always hurting so freaking bad.
I can't wait to go back to the gym tomorrow and try them out. Maybe even later tonight I can walk with the hubby. PS I am planning this exercise while sitting at work eating Chips Ahoy cookies made with Reese's! Sorry but its Period Comfort food and I feel better eating my four cookies and drinking my crystal light water/juice.
:D i love you and miss you. You're amazing.
ReplyDelete