Friday, May 13, 2011

Baby on Board!!!!

Woohoo!!! We are officially pregnant. I had some symptoms that could really be contributed to a pregnancy or to other things. Like an impending period. But I seriously had to pee like every half hour. I went with my aunt Summer and her 4yr old Becca to McDonalds and after being there an hour and 3 bathroom breaks we started to really debating if I was pregnant. Prior to talking about the pregnancy when Summer took Becca to the bathroom this guy sitting next to us turned to me and asked me if I was pregnant with twins. I was in shock and with the fries half way to my mouth I dropped them and tried to swallow. How do you explain to someone that you never ask if someone is pregnant, let alone asking them if they are pregnant with twins!

While I was in shock I was also trying to figure out if I was pregnant. So me and Becca took a pit stop at FredMeyer and picked up a baby doll for her & some pregnancy tests. When we met Summer at our apartment Summer basically told me I had to take a test because she had to know. I tried to explain how I didn't want my hopes up. But she convinced me and so basically I ran in the bathroom and while i was in the midst of holding the stick in the pee she walked in and asked "are you done yet we need to know." When I finished I looked at the stick and immediately it turned positive. All I could do was hold it in my hand and say "I'm pregnant" she was like "What!!!" and then when I showed her the stick and in the middle of pulling up my pants she came over and we started jumping up and down! It was truly a moment to be remembered.

John is going to be such a doting father. He is so gentle with me already but now he doesn't want me to ever lift a finger. I had to convince him that it was ok if I drove the car. The car wouldn't hurt the baby. And to be super over protective he said he didn't want me to leave the house for fear of me getting sick or some tragedy should strike the earth at the exact moment I leave the doorway! It was really cute to see him trying to think of any way he could possibly protect me and the baby. After reasoning with him though he seems to realize I will need to drive and leave the house daily. So long as I promise not to get into any car accident or drag races he is ok with this.

I woke up this morning to have his head near my tummy and his hand on my belly and him talking to our baby. Mind you right now our baby is the size of a piece of rice. An adorable piece of rice at that. Our families are so stinking excited. My Aunts are now going to be Great Aunts which is quite hilarious. I mean Summer is only 37 and she is a great aunt. I guess its not as bad as some people becoming grandparents at 36...

Our puppies seem to be doing ok with everything too. They just stay with me all day long. They follow me around everywhere. I wonder if they sense that things are changing. They are good with kids so I'm not worried about them. When they see a baby they usually just stare at it like saying "hey you, your a tiny little human who smells."

I am too excited to put anything into any sort of order. However I did cancel my infertility appointment and schedule my first to Prenatal care appointments. And get this. No Copay! I knew people love babies. Even Insurance companies love the babies! One website said the first heart beat should happen on May 27th! Not that we will be able to tell until the end of June anyways but I love knowing how our baby is progressing.

So Due Date: January 20, 2012
Age: Week 5
Gender: TBD (we will be finding out! I can't wait for anything)
Size: Grain of Rice

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh! I am so beyond excited for you :) this is so so cool! Congrats mamas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my heck!! I am so happy for you!!! Yahoo! Congrats, girl!!

    ReplyDelete