Friday, May 20, 2011

Head In Toilet... Need to clean toilet...

Please let the first trimester be done soon. I am so nauseated all the time. Its like throw up nonstop at this point. I can't even go to sleep at night. Last night I was in bed throwing up for an hour and a half. Nothing would subside the vomit. In fact it was only after everything was gone in my stomach that I could finally lay back down. John was super sweet and brought me crackers and my water bottle and he held my hair back for me when I threw up. He even attempted to put my hair in a make shift pony tail. It was slightly tragic but very adorable. I was told by someone to eat a PG&J sandwich before bed to help with the nausea. I think it helped last night and I just ate another one just now because lets face it, being someone who works all day on the phone I kinda need to not vomit while I work. However I do have a handy puke bowl I have configured out of our popcorn bowl. I will wash it however so if we ever have you over and we pull it out, dont be grossed out ok. It does get washed frequently. Actually doing the other dishes in the sink however is being neglected. I can't stand to look at the dishes let alone smell anything coming from the sink. John can't smell anything though. he is super sweet and does the dishes most days.

And can I just vent here and ask: Why do the medicines we are supposed to take for nausea make me want to vomit? Aren't they suppose to prevent the vomitting? So whats up with that. I mean even before I was pregnant tums made me gag and pepto bismol was more than just nauseating to look it- the taste is attrocious. Im not even going to attempt either. A: because they are disgusting & B: I'm not sure Im supposed to take them when pregnant. Maybe tums but I dont know about pepto-vomito. For now I am sticking to my V8 fruit Juice(gag me on the real kind) and my PB&J and saltenes. Everything else can go to ****. Sorry but I am not in the mood for politically correct anything. I think what makes pregnant people so edgy is the hormones are in overdrive for one and ps we are sick and vomitting all day long. You try and be pleasant and sociable when you just got through vomiting. And ps when you vomit you pretty much pee your pants too! So i am miserable. But ironically I am happy about it.

I did however ask John if maybe next time we can hire someone to go through the first trimester for us. He wasn't as excited as I was about that prospect. He just shook his head and told me I would carry our kids. I told him maybe we just stick with one for now. He laughed and said "and many more to come." I would have chased after him and possibly tackled him if my head wasn't already over the toilet bowl. Dont get me wrong we are just a very playful couple with lots of love and sarcasm. I dont know how I would get through all of this without him rubbing my back and reminding me there is a baby at the end of all this.

And my dear sweet friend Emma is the best and John wants to name a daughter after her. She was so nice and thoughtful and sent us a cute baby package. Love you Emma! She sent us this elephant stuffed animal that plays music and can hang on a carseat! It will be a favorite for baby I can tell. And she sent us this adorable blanket with ducks all over it! our baby is already so spoiled and so loved! I can't wait.

Notice the hormonal changes in my writing too. I can't help it. Im a freaking scatter brain! And now I have a better excuse!

2 comments:

  1. Awww sorry Mo! My cousin got prescription stuff to help with her throwing up. And changed prenatal pills because those were making her sick too. I read to keep crackers by your bed to nibble on before getting up. Have you tried the seasick bands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm sorry you're so sick! =( Iron in prenatal vitamins can make you sick especially if you're not getting enough B Vitamins with them. Some people take B-vitamin supplements with their prenatals and that seems to help. And you can call your doctor and tell them how sick you are and they may be able to give you some anti-nausea stuff thats safe to take during pregnancy =)

    ReplyDelete