Monday, May 30, 2011

Jinxed Myself

I shouldn't have gotten excited about not being sick friday. I woke up the last 3 days and immediately threw up bile. Yummy. So i am now religiously using the B6vitamin and dramamine(1/2 each 2xdaily) to help with the nausea. It seems like my nausea is pretty much subsided in the evening if I take the meds.

Today we even had a BBQ at our home. My mom and siblings came and John had invited one of his coworkers, Jeff. John is such a good cooker. My mom has gone baby crazy and bought me and baby tons of stuff. She bought this one onesie that says Daddy's King of the Grill. He hung it up above our couch. Such a proud papa.

Loved having a two day weekend. I could have worked Memorial Day but I figured it was a better idea to rest finally. I so wish I could have a two day weekend. But then again I do like only having to work max 3days. So I will work tomorrow and then I am off... So nice... And we then have our first baby appointment! I am so super excited. I think I need to do my research to find out more about what goes on in this appointment.

I think the reality that John is leaving in 7days has started to sink in for him too. John says he doesn't want to leave me and baby. Really sweet. Of course we both know he is leaving but I think we can survive. Barely but still. Its good to have a man all crazy about you. Everyone deserves that.

2 comments:

  1. First appointment is mostly family history. The dr will want to k ow any existing conditions, that kind of thing. You'll have to pee in a cup, and test your urine for glucose and protein. They'll weigh you, and test your blood pressure (all three you'll do at every appointment) then most ob's will do an ultrasound to see how far along you are. Most dopplers don't pick up heartbeats until 11 weeks or so. You'll have that done later. But the first appointment is always my favorite. Even ofthe ultrasound is done vaginally. Also they might do a pap smear if you haven't had one done in a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me if you need anything. I love you.

    ReplyDelete