Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ready to be done with 1st trimester.

I think we now have come up with a system for the morning sickness. Wake up 7:15am... drink some fruity v8 juice, turn over and start to throw up... or get up and log into work and then dash to bathroom and throw up. I was very impressed because yesterday I only threw up 4-5times which is a nice change. Today not so good... I lost track after the 6th time. I did however change my prenatals and hope that will make some impact. Day 2 and not so much. I think I kinda agrivated it when we had pizza for dinner last night and then some delicious brownies and icecream. And of course I had 3 chocolate frosted doughnuts about an hour ago. Baby didn't like any of it and decided to let  me know. After dry heaving a bit I have found that the blue gatorade will make me vomit instantly when sipped. However the rain berry doesn't. So I have blue gatorade on my bathroom counter for the dry heaving solution.

Leo has been super sweet. He will sit right next to me while I barf and just wait for me. He snuggles my legs while I lean over the toilet. Which reminds me that I need to clean it again. I am the kind of person that prefers to clean the toilet before throwing up. Weird I know. But that need is getting less and less. I am half considering calling the OBGYN clinic and asking for some help with the nausea. I am all about not using medicine and home cures but I am kinda running low on stamina with that. They say the first pregnancy is the worst and I am hoping its true. They also say that once you have the baby your memory is basically wiped clean of all the mess you went through before that moment.

When in the middle of sickness I like to read my prego books and browse the baby registries for things to add. I already have a few things picked out. John is willing to forgo his new Jordan's(shoes) for a baby pack-n-play. Now we are learning to save for the baby and make sure we are far out of debt. I am not a fan of debt. I still have a bunch of student loans which I am not looking forward to getting into. I need to also balance the check book after going to the store and having a payday.

John made lamb tonight for dinner. I couldn't quite stomach it. But he was so sweet to make it and really try his best to make sure it was perfect. Maybe when I am not pregnant I will like it better. Good thing he has an appetite because that will be dinner the next few days. When I am feeling like crap I just want to lay around and do absolutely nothing. John is getting really good at snuggling and playing with my hair while simultaneously playing Gears of War2.

We also had Chelsey Lynn and David Jarvis over for dinner last night. They brought warm brownies so we had that first and oh it was so good. Chelsey and I got to eat the brownies while being entertained by John and David playing Kinect. Very adorable. I am so glad he and David click. According to John, David is his only palagi friend- a trophy friend if you will. The boys had a blast and me and chelsey got to have a little girl time.

We even got to use our new table. It finally arrived after 9weeks! Loved the table but freaking hate the wait. Serves me for wanting the one on sale and not in stock. John spent a few hours puttting the table together and two of the six chairs. Such a good man.

So thats the scoop with us. How are all of you?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, from what I've heard...each pregnancy gets worse. My mom had it the opposite but everyone else has the 2nd time is worse than the first. See if you can find a prenatal with less iron or none at all. That's usually a big cause. Buy watermelon (it's great for morning sickness) and keep hard candies with you everywhere. Ginger helped me a lot too, but I never actually got sick with either of these pregnancies, just nauseous and if I took out the iron I was fine. My mother in law swears by ice cold apple juice before you even get out of bed. It worked for me too, as long as you sip it while kind of leaning up but not sitting up. Another thing that might help, go for a walk an try to get out everyday. Exercise is supposed to help quell the nausea, even though it sounds counter productive, it worked for me. I always felt worse the day after I didn't walk. Plus sassy loved getting out. I hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete